The Ministry on the Agricultural Sector and Development of Rural Areas of Ulyanovsk region is a regional executive agency which carries out functions of elaboration of state policy and statutory regulation in the area of agricultural sector, of the market of agricultural products, raw materials, and provisions, food and processing industry, sustainable development of rural areas, as well as land matters with regard to lands of agricultural designation.
The supervisory official of the Ministry is the Deputy Chairman of the Ulyanovsk regional Government – Minister on the Agricultural Sector and Development of Rural Areas of Ulyanovsk region Mikhail Ivanovich Semyonkin
In accordance with the valid Regulations the Ministry on the Agricultural Sector and Development of Rural Areas of Ulyanovsk region carries out the following functions:
- Rendering all services oriented to stable and sustainable development of rural areas, increase of food security and increase of the potential.
- Development of normative and administrative acts connected with relations to lands of agricultural designation.
- Preparation of normative and administrative acts oriented to the development of agrarian industry.
- Preparation of normative and administrative acts concerning regulation and control of the market of the domestic and foreign agricultural products that are entering to the region (among them food industry, tobacco, and other targeted branches of industry, as well as phytosanitary control).
- Administration of assets which are in regional and departmental state property (land territories, production and processing enterprises).
Functions of the Ministry on the Agricultural Sector and Development of Rural Areas of Ulyanovsk region are carried out in close cooperation with local authorities, executive authorities on all levels, and federal executive authorities.
The main task of the Ministry work is to secure the dynamic development of Russian agricultural sector, to create conditions for its fast modernization, and to guarantee the safety of products (domestic and imported) that are entering to grocery shelves.
Structure of the Ministry on the Agricultural Sector and Development of Rural Areas of Ulyanovsk region. The Ministry consists of several departments; each of them curates the separate direction of work and certain functions:
1. Department of animal breeding, pedigree work, and aquaculture.
- Registration and issuance of special certificates for breeding herds and separate animals;
- Coordination of implementation of subprogram for development of beef farming;
- Development of legal framework on all the questions connected with animal breeding;
- Analysis of the present statistical information;
- Taking part in affairs of control and regulation of internal market of agricultural products for increasing competitive power of the branch;
- Taking part in animal disease control.
2. Department of plant breeding, mechanization, and chemicalization.
- Realization and control of realization of state programs in the area of plant breeding;
- Collection of statistical information on entry of mineral fertilizers, land fertility level, and carrying out field operations;
- Creation of Russian funds of plant seeds and the reserve of necessary pesticide chemicals;
- Organization and carrying out agro-ecological, agro-engineering, erosional-preventive measures as well as other measures;
- State monitoring of agricultural land fertility.
3. Department of finances
- Preparation of all documents for placing special orders for rendered services, works, and goods necessary for state needs;
- Monitoring and analysis of efficiency of usage of monetary funds committed from budgets for realization of all kinds of programs for support of agricultural sector;
- Development and taking part in the policy oriented for increasing efficiency and competitive ability of products of agricultural sector;
- Monitoring of pricing policy of the region for main agricultural products.
4. Department of project management and digital economy
- Development and keeping updated methodological documents for project management as well as documents regulating interaction of structural subdivisions of the Ministry within the framework of realization of projects;
- Contribution to creation of new projects in collaboration with leading Russian and foreign agricultural commodity producers;
- Project management and project administration;
- Consolidation of information and statistics on projects;
- Informational maintenance of project activities;
- Maintenance of consolidated project management;
- Evaluation of efficiency carried out for implementation of results of project activities into processes of the current activities of the Ministry;
- Control of introduction of the up-to-the minute digital technologies into all branches of agriculture.